Hometown: Stow, Ohio
2016-17 JUNIOR NOTES
• PING All-American
• Srixon/Cleveland Golf All-America Scholar
• 2017 MAC Golfer of the Year
• Ranks third all-time with a scoring average of 71.54.
• 160 birdies on the season, three short of a Kent State record.
• 7 Eagles in a season, the Kent State program record.
• Averaged 4.605 on par-5’s, the Kent State program record.
• Placed in the top-5 of five out of nine tournaments int he spring season.
• Won the Cleveland State Invitational, his first tournament title in the fall
• His score of 18-under par 198 is the new program record for a 54-hole tournament, beating Ben Curtis’ record from the 99-00 season by two strokes
• In the fall, went nine straight rounds of shooting 70 or lower
2016 SUMMER NOTES
• Won the Northern Amateur by four strokes with a 10-under at Sand Creek Country Club
• Qualified for USGA Amateur by shooting a 4-under at mid-July qualifier at Ohio State Golf Club
• Won the Northeast Ohio Amateur with a 7-under 269, going wire-to-wire
• Tied for second at the Davey Tree Ohio Open with an 11-under 201 (highest finish by an amateur)
2015-16 SOPHOMORE NOTES
• Earned All-MAC First Team honors
• Named to PING Midwest All-Region Team
• Finished tied for second at MAC Championships with a 3-over 287, earning spot on all-tournament team
• Tied for fourth place at NCAA Regional
• Earned Academic All-MAC honors
• Named MAC Golfer of the Week on April 21, after fourth place finish at Boilermaker Invitational with a 4-under 212
• Recipient of the Ben and Candace Curtis Endowed Golf Scholarhip and the Richard Rango Men’s Golf Endowed Scholarship
2015 FALL NOTES
• Competed in all five tournaments, averaging a score of 73.2 per round.
• Earned a season best finish, T2nd, (6-under, 74-68-68) at the Cleveland State Invitational.
• Shot a career-best low round of 68, in back-to-back rounds at the Cleveland State Invitational.
• Shot 2-under, 70 in the second rounds of the Bank of Tennesse at The Ridges.
2015 SUMMER NOTES
•Finished first at the Midwest Collegiate Amateur with rounds of 68 and 70.
•Placed third at the Northeast Ohio Amateur with a 2-over (72-71-68-74).
•Shot 73-68 for a second place at the US Amateur Qualifier.
•Tied for 20th the Ohio Men’s Amateur with rounds of 72-71-71-76.
2014-15 FRESHMAN NOTES
•Earned Second Team All-MAC honors after a season-best second place finish at the Mid-American Conference Tournament.
• Was a member of the MAC All-Tournament Team.
• Played 36 rounds with a 74.58 average that ranked third-best for the Golden Flashes.
• Shot a season-low 69 in his collegiate debut at the Gopher Invitational.
• Awarded Howard Cassel Golf Scholarship
PRIOR TO KENT STATE
• Won the 2013 Hudson Junior Invitational (69-70=139)
• Three-time OHSAA All-State selection who was medalist at the 2011 OHSAA DIVISION I State Championship (73-77=150).
• During the 2011 season, Holt finished in the top 10 in eight AJGA events including rounds of 72-69-72 at the 2013 AJGA Memorial Junior at the Scarlet Course in Columbus.
• Born on October 20, 1995
• Son of Dale and Cindy Holt
° Has a sister, Olivia